Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice
The Direct Action & Research Training (DART) Center will hold an online information session for DePaul students and alumni on Wednesday, February 7 at 6 pm central to discuss careers in community organizing with individuals interested in uniting congregations and working for social, economic and racial justice.
RSVP at www.thedartcenter.org/DePaul
DART hires and trains organizers to build organizations that have successfully addressed issues including:
* Plugging the school-to-prison pipeline
* Reining in predatory lending practices
* Fighting for immigrants' rights
* Improving low performing schools
* Expanding access to primary health and dental care
* Prioritizing funding for affordable housing and job training
* Criminal justice system reforms to stop the growing criminalization of youth of color
Although it may be helpful, no prior organizing experience is necessary. Fluent Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 6:00pm to 7:00pm