DePaul Business Ethics Case Competition (Virtual)
Prize money and no experience required!
The Institute for Business and Professional Ethics is pleased to co-host our annual Business Ethics Case Competition with the student organization DECA on Friday, March 5, 2021. Registration required.
- This competition is open to all students across the university (undergrad and graduate).
- The event will include a business ethics workshop, case competition and awards ceremony. You will receive a workshop lecture that provides you with key business ethics concepts and presentation skills
- Students will be placed into teams of two (or can sign up in pairs) and present a solution to a hypothetical business ethics issue to business professionals serving as judges. You will be given a case and a half hour to create a solution to the case along with your presentation. You and your teammate will receive 12 minutes to present the case and answer judge's questions.
- No prior business ethics knowledge or DECA experience is required to participate.
- It is dependent on the number of attendees, but we have traditionally had three competition group categories: Freshman/Sophomore, Junior/Senior and Graduate.
- The winning team in each category will each receive a $100 prize (per individual).
- This year's competition will take place entirely online.
The following provides a detailed schedule for the event:
Check in 12:00pm - 12:15pm
Welcome Ceremony 12:15pm - 12:30pm
Business Ethics Workshop 12:30pm - 1:00pm
Presentation Skills Workshop 1:00pm - 1:15pm
Ethics Case Competition 1:15pm - 4:00pm
Case Competition Debriefing 4:00pm - 4:15pm
Awards Ceremony 4:15pm - 4:30pm
Please use this link to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/deca-business-ethics-symposium-and-case-competition-tickets-138468921271
Zoom details will be provided after registration
Friday, March 5 at 12:30pm