Please register for this course in CampusConnect under the Employee Self Service tab. The course number is ER001M.
Audience: DePaul Managers who supervise full and part-time staff
Online Module: Participants attend on online module that introduces the DePaul manager framework and explores employee relations through the lenses of organizational culture, institutional goals, policies and procedures, employee engagement and productivity.
Presentation and Discussion: Participants learn about employee rights, key legislation and policies, the importance of manager-employee relations, and the complaint and grievance policy at DePaul.
Cases and Scenarios: Learners participate in cases studies and scenarios to identify steps and action plans that promote fairness, effective communication, and performance improvement.
Action Planning and Peer Coaching: Participants develop an individual action plan and identify a peer coach to assist with achieving individual goals.
- Describe the employee relations model
- Understand the different aspects of employee relations at DePaul
- Understand HRs Employee Relations Office role in the University and key employee relations policies and practices
- Understand the supervisors responsibilities in effective management
- Describe the employee complaint process and available employee resources
- Determine when to initiate and/or implement progressive discipline
Sponsor Contact: Erin Higgins, Workplace Learning and Performance, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, 312.362.7102
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 1:00pm to 4:30pm
Richard M. and Maggie C. Daley Building, Room 1001
14 E Jackson Blvd