Protecting the Elusive Right to Vote
We are approaching yet another intense election. As advocates for justice, attorneys must be fully informed on the right to vote, the barriers to exercising that right, and the ongoing efforts to counter such constraints and protect everyone’s right to vote. Attorneys who attend this seminar will better understand:
- The historical background of the right to vote;
- The current state of the law in the Seventh Circuit and nationwide;
- Tactics used to deprive groups of individuals of the right to vote and how to counter those tactics;
- How foreign countries or individuals can work to control the outcome of an election;
- The impacts of gerrymandering and redistricting upon the electoral process;
- Disenfranchisement of felons;
- Pushing back voter suppression efforts;
- Developments in cybersecurity aimed at countering potential threats; and
- Much more!
- Approved for 6.5 hours of CLE Credits
Click to register!
Thursday, February 27 at 8:30am
DePaul Center , 8005
1 E. Jackson Boulevard