Visiting Artist Series - Jonathan Wolff
Tuesday, October 31 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
DePaul Center (DPC), 8005 1 E Jackson Blvd
1 hour of CLE credit will be available. Lunch will be provided.
Acclaimed musician/composer/songwriter Jonathan Wolff created the music for 75 primetime network TV series, as well as the themes for 44 of those series - including Seinfeld and Will & Grace.
- In this storytelling lecture, Wolff shares his musical journey including:
- Hollywood Insider “behind-the-scenes” accounts
- Business dealings
- Career details which also included recording with 100s of music artists (not hyperbole)
- Participation in court proceedings and arbitrations related to TV music broadcast licenses and royalty collections
- Contractual issues with video of themes and scenes
Jonathan Wolff will offer practical music business model do's-and-don'ts, along with real world entrepreneurial career need-to-know and how-to-get-hired advice. ("You don't land 75 steady TV composing gigs by just being good at music.")
Wolff credits much of his financial success to his lawyer/friend/genie, Steve Winogradsky. Though sometimes overlooked, the composer-attorney relationship is an essential creative and business partnership. In this lecture, Wolff provides the composer’s view of it.
For more information, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMpkJchdNgU
To Register, visit here.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
No recent activity