FAQs and Technical Documentation can mitigate confusion, reduce support tickets, and improve the end-user experience, but where do you start? Tap into the insight of an experienced Learning Architect and Instructional Designer to help you think about your support documentation differently. In this session, we will dissect the perfect FAQ, share tips and best practices, and learn how to create supports that will drive behavior change and help your end-users thrive.
This intermediate session is open to all industries. It will be especially helpful for those in Product, Operations, Client Success, or Account Management.
It will be helpful for attendees to have a deep understanding of their products/ services and the audience(s) they serve. Writing skills are a plus.
Prerequisites for the Workshop:
- Where to start: How to create an outline for your written supports.
- What to include in your documentation: Learn best practices for creating the perfect help article.
- Creating supporting images/ videos: Get a list of resources so you can break up your written documentation with visuals.
- Common pitfalls and how to address them: Tips to create articles with impact.
During this workshop, attendees will learn:
- How proactive messaging can promote end-user success.
- Basic principles in adult learning theory that will ultimately influence behavior change.
- How to craft effective support documentation.
Jenn Steplowski brings her unique interdisciplinary background to inform and craft meaningful human-centered experiences. She has helped her students, faculty members, leadership teams, and even mobile-app users reach strategic goals with creative programming, messaging, and educational product for over 7 years. Her passion for the tech community has led her to help early-stage companies get access to her training and development experience.
Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 2:00pm to 3:00pm
18711, South Classroom 222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza #1212, Chicago, IL 60654