Every year, on National Coming Out Day, people all across the globe celebrate coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ). This year is the 30th anniversary of the National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights, an event that marked the first observation of National Coming Out Day.
In honor of this, the Big 4 Firms in Chicago are coming together to jointly host an event with DePaul University. The event will take place at the Cortelyou Commons at DePaul’s Lincoln Park campus during the evening of Thursday, October 18th from 5 to 7pm. The event has many purposes, including:
• Establishing the importance of diversity & inclusiveness within the Big 4 and the broader professional landscape
• Creating and continuing the dialogue about the importance of each individuals’ coming out story
• Highlighting the experiences of being open and out in the professional world
• Encouraging the importance of ally-ship, advocacy, and intersectionality in today’s society
• Crafting connections with DePaul’s students and empowering their own personal journeys and coming out stories, whether as LGBTQ students or allies
This event is open allies of the LGBTQ community. Ally attendance is a strongly welcomed and encouraged! If you are part of the LGBT community, please consider bringing an ally to this event.
Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 5:00pm to 7:00pm
No recent activity