Service Day: Traffick Free Service Project & Collection Drive
Volunteer your time to help clean Chicago's first emergency and overnight drop-in center for all adult females who have been victims of sex trafficking and other forms of commercial sexual exploitation at Traffick Free. Students are responsible for their own transportation to/from this drop-in center located on the west side of Chicago.
The amount of law student volunteers will be limited, so please RSVP to De’ja Fox (email@example.com). Volunteers will meet in lobby of DePaul Law at 9:30am and commute together to the Douglas Park area (west side of Chicago).
We are also collecting the following items through 2/14/19 for the women at this shelter:
• Single ride Ventra tickets
• Brand new socks (all sizes)
• Brand new underwear (all sizes)
• Full size bath towels
• Wash cloths
• Body wash and full bars of soap
• 2019 planners
• Feminine wipes
• Maxi pads (regular and long / NOT overnight) and liners
• Flushable wipes
• Long shelf-life and easy-to-make items like canned foods, Pillsbury rolls, and break-apart cookies
• Gift cards to grocery stores (i.e. Aldi’s CostCo, Mariano’s Jewel, Cermak Fresh Produce)
• Hair conditioner
• Hair spray
• Brand new makeup (eyeliner, mascara, etc.)
• Gift cards to clothing stores (i.e. Goodwill, JTMaxx, etc.)
Please bring all donations to Room 309 Lewis (3rd floor of the law school).
This service project is facilitated through the partnerships of the Schiller DuCanto Family Law Center, the Pro Bono & Community Service Initiative, the Center for Public Interest Law, the Vincent G. Rinn Law Library, the International Human Rights Law Institute, and the Journal of Social Justice.
Friday, February 15 at 9:30am
West Side of Chicago